Friday, June 12, 2009

Bologna

Bologna is on sale at almost every store in the summer. With the kraft printable coupons, I think it came to .50 or maybe even free for a package. Some of my kiddies like it for sandwiches, but I wanted to experiment with something different. I found this recipe in an old kids' cookbook. The verdict was mixed on actual taste, but it was fun to try!

Denver Bologna Bowls
8 slices bologna
3 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
Dash pepper
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp snipped parsley
3/4 cup shredded american or cheddar cheese
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook 3 slices of the bologna until the centers puff up, for 30 to 60 seconds. Using tongs, transfer bologna slices to muffin cups. Press slices gently to fit in muffin cups. Repeat with 3 more slices of bologna. Chop the remaining slices of bologna (oops - just realized I forgot this part). In a small bowl beat together eggs, milk, and pepper. Stire in the chopped bologna, onion, and parlsey.
Pour egg mixture into bologna cups. Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 15-17 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Loosen cups and transfer to serving plates. Tops with tomato. Makes 3 servings.

This post will be linked to the grocery cart challenge's recipe swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment