Sunday, July 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

It's the last week of the month ... which means I'm cleaning out the fridge, freezer, and pantry shelves. Well, not actually cleaning - just treasure-hunting through them. We did really get to clean out the garage freezer this past week. A certain little frozen-fruit-loving boy left the door ajar and learned that his fruit does not stay frozen if that happens. It was good to go through and defrost anyway. Now as I place in the garden produce, it looks so nice and inviting! On to the menu plan...

Dinner main dishes:
meatloaf, sticky chicken, chicken casserole, kabobs, pizza, church night, ham & bean soup with cornbread (this recipe is yummy - crispy and sweet)

I'm not placing them to certain days because it usually moves around anyway. And if it's too hot for oven cooking, most everything will change! The zucchini has been providing yummy side dishes to almost every meal. I could eat it all day. 've also got 4 boxes of peaches to eat and can.

Last week we made Kate's ham & cheese crepes --- YUMMY!! Crepes are so much easier than I thought. They're really just a skinny pancake with a fancy name.

We're volunteering at the crisis pregnancy center's booth at the county fair this week. Maybe we'll munch on some cheese curds while there. On the volunteer note - we had the opportunity to package food at Feed My Starving Children yesterday. It was an awesome experience that I hope to do again. I think the word starving should be removed from my kids vocabulary for at least awhile now. Click the website to volunteer!

Check out organizing junkie for more menu plans!

1 comment:

  1. I love anything involving corn bread. I actually don't make it too often because I just eat way too much of it lol

    ReplyDelete