Thursday, July 30, 2009

zucchini

We had this summer squash casserole as a side dish for our chicken tonight. It was super tasty. Olivia loved it. She said, "It didn't taste like squash. It tasted like zucchini." Needless to say, we had a discussion about summer squash and winter squash. I found the recipe at The Finer Things in Life, but it was originally from the Food Network. Amy has an awesome post with tons more zucchini recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I saw that you made zucchini jam....how neat! I've never heard of such a thing -- would you tell me more about it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.recipezaar.com/Zucchini-Jam-83915
    I found it on recipezaar. It's very similar to the rhubarb-jello jam. The zucchini is pureed and cooked with sugar, jello, and pectin. It was a fun recipe to try! I also made the zucchini pineapple from recipezaar. It'll work well in recipes - but not to eat straight.

    ReplyDelete