Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lunchbox Love

Thursdays at lifeasmom.com are the days for the Ultimate Recipe Swap. Each week has a theme and a giveaway! This week's theme is Lunchbox Love. Since we homeschool, I have only one lunch to enjoy packing each day ... my husband's. And I really do enjoy it! His lunch usually consists of:
  • 2 sandwiches or wraps (he's a hard worker!)
  • veggies or veggie salad
  • granola bar (preferably homemade unless there was a great sale!)
  • frozen fruit cups
  • jello cup or fruit snacks
  • crackers, chips, or something munchy from the cupboard
  • drink (currently I'm mixing up crystal light from a kraft coupon awhile ago)

The fruit cups and jello are his favorites. I buy the little 4 oz cups and lids at the restaurant supply store. Sometimes I'll mix up a batch of a frozen fruit salad, but most often I open an industrial size can of fruit, spoon it into each cup, and set them in the freezer. They keep his lunch a bit cold, and they're thawed out nicely by lunchtime. For the jello, Olivia or I will make a box of jello and pour it into each little cup, pop the lid on, and put them in the fridge (one box makes 5-6 portions).

Check here for more lunchbox ideas!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby loves fruit in his lunch too! I do like you do -- buy in bulk and make my own small fruit cups rather than buying the pricey cups!

    ReplyDelete