Thursday, December 17, 2009

Water

Without water, you can't:
  • wash dishes
  • do laundry
  • wash the floor
  • shower
  • boil noodles (i.e. make mac n cheese)
  • wash hands
  • flush
  • make koolaid
  • give your dogs and cats a drink

Without water, you can:

  • let the dishes pile up (or use paper, but we're out)
  • let the clothes pile up
  • sweep the dirt and forget the mud
  • miss a shower
  • thaw and heat soup from the freezer
  • use hand sanitizer and baby wipes (both cheap or free from target sales!)
  • flush sparingly with the buckets of water you saved and vow that the next toilet will be water conserving
  • open a 2liter of soda or drink from the 4 gallons of milk in the fridge (and my family thought I was silly when I stocked up on the sale last week!)
  • let the animals eat snow

How do I know all this? Our well pump was out for almost 2 days. It's now fixed, the house is a bit cleaner, and we'll all shower today.

Thank you, Lord, for water!

No comments:

Post a Comment