Friday, August 19, 2011

Afternoon at the Fair

Yesterday afternoon we visited a local county fair. It was huge. (Yes, like that watermelon in my belly!!)



Mara and Isaac were along for the adventure with us. Love having friends!!




The 6 of us shared this bucket of cheese curds per Jay's suggestion. I had cheese curds the night Olivia was born.... didn't work with this one. I'm still here with a wiggly one in my middle. :)






Our favorite spot was definitely the historical society's section. There was an old schoolhouse, a church, a fire hall, a general store, and a soda fountain. Each building was restored from nearby land. I was surprised to read that the one-room schoolhouse was used up until 1955... my dad could have attended there! (If he didn't live in the big city that had the school uphill both ways in the snow.)






Ocean Spray had an awesome booth. Free samples and a fun tasting game with craisins as the prize! Have you tried their 'cranberry cocktail with a touch of lime?' It's now on my shopping list.

No comments:

Post a Comment