Time for an update!! How do I recap 4 months?! Olivia's usual position is something like the above... She's a wonderful, helpful blessing to her baby brother. Her piano skills are also bursting! She's in the last lesson book of the series she's been working through. I didn't have this book when I was learning! She's also taken on more kitchen work and is building up her supply of recipes. (Her granola is delish!)
Olivia, Alex, and Clara have been involved in a Wednesday afternoon class of "the lost arts." January's focus was machine sewing. Clara and Olivia made aprons, and Alex made pajama pants. This has been a fun activity for winter. Clara also loves to help with Samuel. She's not afraid of any diaper changes!
Samuel has been enjoying tasting foods. Avocado, peaches, pears, egg yolk, applesauce, and peas... he's accepted all of them. He's up to 19 lbs 8 oz. I think the other 3 were closer to 1 year when they weighed that much. He's 5 months. Ah well, God's got a great plan for this chunk. :)
Alex turned 11 years old last month. He and I (and Samuel) met Papa for a lunch date at a local greek restaurant, shopped for a new playmobil piece, then enjoyed ice cream at Flapdoodles... a new favorite! He had his choice for a family dinner that night - dutch pancake, sausage, watermelon, and a DQ cake. Alex has definitely matured this past year. He accepted Jesus as his personal Savior not long ago and has really shown the fruits of that in his life. He's striving to be a loving brother and son and a respectful growing boy. He's such a treasure!
Happy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDelete