Hezekiah William made quite an entrance Sunday night. We planned for a homebirth with the same great midwife who delivered Samuel. I called her about 9:10 to tell her I was pretty sure my water broke and that I'd try to get rest before things started. Ha... Funny now. Contractions started right up and didn't slow. Dan came right over for the kids rather than wake them for a 2am drive. With contractions now about 5 min or less, our midwife started her drive over (usually under an hour drive). I got in the shower to relax thinking we had hours ahead of us. Jay could quickly tell by my mood that I was "in my zone" as he says. He was brilliant and aware to call the midwife to keep her updated. He also knew she was away yet, so offered to call a nearby friend who's had 5 home births. I didn't think we needed to yet. Once I got out of the shower, the show just kept rolling. No stopping this baby! I was told to get on the bed on my side or back to slow things. Now I think I gave the ok to quickly call the close friend!! Jay stayed calm on the phone with the midwife the whole time talking through all that was happening and preparing to catch our baby. She said to let the baby come naturally if they were ready. They sure were!! It's a blur and yet a wonderful memory that our son was born with a full cry right into his daddy's arms!! Our friend came shortly after - so calming to have at least another presence in the room now with Jay and I in a sort of shocked daze. As Jay is on the phone with the midwife (crying baby in the background), a kind (ha!) policeman pulled her over and gave her a ticket! Now I don't know how fast she was actually going, but praise the Lord baby and I were well!
Needless to say, we didn't think straight to get any pictures right away.
Hezekiah was born at 10:49 and weighed 9lbs12oz. A nice hefty guy like his big brother. :). We're all enjoying his tinyness and his little noises. Should be an interesting few years ahead with 2 little boys growing together!



No comments:
Post a Comment