I changed a few things around in my menu plan last week. Mainly because it was so HOT ... too hot for the oven! We're traveling for the weekend and having dinner at camp when we pick up Alex on Thurs, so there's not much to plan!Monday: Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up (from Kraft), salad from the garden **update: This was really tasty! I made up 1/2 batch of our regular pizza dough in place of the refrigerated kind and used ground pork that I had in the freezer.
Tuesday: spaghetti and meatballs (didn't get to it last week and we'll have 3 under age 5 over ... great messy & kid-friendly dinner), bread, salad
Wednesday: chicken drummies on the grill with potatoes and probably more salad!
Thursday: dinner at camp
Friday: on the road
Saturday: fun with friends
Sunday: on the road or whatever we find when we get home! (cereal?!)
I made these yummy potatoes on Friday. They were great with a grilled meat and didn't heat up the kitchen like roasted potatoes would. They also smelled delicious while they cooked!
Creamy Red Potatoes
2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of potato soup
1 envelope dry Ranch salad dressing mix (this is cheap at Sams!)
Place potatoes in slow cooker. Beat together cream cheese, soup, and salad dressing mix. Stir into potatoes. Cover. Cook on Low 8 hours or until potatoes are tender and your family is hungry.
This is linked to Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie.
yum- great idea on the potatoes!
ReplyDelete