Monday, July 6, 2009

weekend and menu plan


We had a super fun weekend in the hometown of some great friends. Fireworks, fun run, kid race, inflatables, horse rides, tractor pull, parade, yummy snacks, church on the lakeshore ... what more could you ask for from a small town festival?! We had a blast.
Our menu plan is pretty basic this week. We've got snap peas, radishes, and lettuce to pick from our garden! Looks like I need to make a short run to the store for some fruits.

Monday: burgers, potatoes, and carrots in packets on the grill, salad
Tuesday: broccoli pie, muffins, frozen fruit cups (recipe below)
Wednesday: mexican lasagna, salad
Thursday: tuna pasta salad
Friday: pork ribs ... crockpot or grill ... any ideas?
Saturday: family dinner after our worship service ... ham sandwiches, salads, chips, cookies
Sunday: hmmm... unplanned yet. Patty and Mike will be coming over to play for the day. :)

Liv and I made a ton of these fruit cups last week. I buy the little plastic cups and lids at the restaurant supply store. The recipe is really flexible to add whatever you want. Actually, I didn't follow the recipe this time... I used pineapple tidbits since they're cheap at Sams and frozen orange pineapple banana juice. I also used chopped frozen strawberries that we picked and a handful of blueberries.

Frozen Fruit Cups

20 oz frozen strawberries, thawed
40 oz crushed pineapple
12 oz frozen orange juice
1/3 cup lemon juice
6 bananas, sliced
Combine all ingredients. (Do not drain fruit.) Spoon mixture into small containers or muffins tins lined with liners. Freeze. Remove from freezer about 1/2 hour before serving. I think we about doubled the recipe and got around 6 dozen.

For more menu plans visit organizing junkie's list!

No comments:

Post a Comment